Tom has been involved in the Victorian Dairy Industry for over twelve years. In 2012 he became a Farm Management Consultant for Farmanco Pty Ltd.
Tom provides physical and financial management advice to farmer clients across Northern Victoria and Southern NSW. His work ranges from farm management advice through to cash flow budgeting, annual and development budgets, project evaluation and loan applications.
In addition to dealing directly with individual farmers, Tom also frequently consults to organisations associated with the dairy industry as well as other service providers in the region.
Tom has managed and developed many industry projects as well as regularly facilitating farmer groups. He currently facilitates three Dairy Business Network groups.In addition to these groups, Tom also runs other industry programs such as Feeding Pastures for Profit and Forage Planning for dairy farmers.
As a well recognised expert in the area of forage planning, Tom regularly consults to the industry and service providers to help develop programs and materials as well as presenting at industry events.
Particular Fields of Competence
- Physical and financial management, specializing in dairy farm management.
- Group facilitation
- Forage planning and management
- Business analysis
- Human resource management
Tom has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Agriculture, a Diploma of Human Resource Management (Dairy), a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and is Member of the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology.
- Develop and manage extension projects such as Adaptive Forages for a Variable Climate and Forage Planning
- Delivered training programs such as Feeding Pastures for Profit
- Data collected for the Dairy Farm Monitor Project and helped validate the data
- Developed and delivered workshops
- Lead a team as well as supervised and mentored staff
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive scientific and technical knowledge of dairy farming